Tuesday, April 9, 2013

What Is An Assault Weapon? (assaultweapon.info)

So, over the past few decades, there has been much talk of banning weapons of war. This concept, perhaps, has never been more controversial than now, in the wake of the Sandy Hook shooting in Newtown, CT. There are those who call for banning so-called weapons of war. So, what is a "weapon of war"?


I don't want to nitpick. I don't want to go into certain "correct" terminology, because honestly, anyone who is falling for the term "assault rifle" will likely not change their opinions based on facts, logic or anything else, but to those, who may be open to actually learning what an "assault weapon" is, I would like to direct you over to this website:  assaultweapon.info

This website briefly goes through the history of the political term known as an "assault weapon", how it came to be, and how it is being used to lie to the public. It then goes into specific features of semi-automatic rifles. Besides the history of the assault weapon agenda, it's not something that we haven't commonly heard before, but it gives solid information in a clean and organized fashion in a nice slideshow. If you know someone who is on the fence or against the banning of "assault weapons", and they are open to education on the issue, I urge you to direct them to that website.



As I've said already, I don't think we can change the opinion of someone who is either completely against firearms, or completely against the ownership of semi-automatics, but I think we should still try. In the end, it's us, the average freedom-loving American individual, who will have to pay for it.

I want to just come out and say that the website is not by me, and I am in no way affiliated with it.  I found it a while ago, and I do like to give props to organizations, websites, individuals (whatever it may be) that get the truth and the information out there. So, whoever is the owner of assaultweapon.info, props to you.

Originally, I was going to do this post a little differently, but I'm going to branch another post off of this post. I'll link that (here) when I write it... Hopefully I remember to do that. What I'll likely do, is start that post the way I did here, edit around a bit without the whole assaultweapons.info information, and actually go where I wanted to go. See you in the next post. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment